Effective date: August 17, 2021
E-tan is dedicated to helping people around the world practice and master whatever they are learning. When you share information with us we can help you achieve that goal by helping you find the right content and making your studying quicker and more effective. This Privacy Notice is meant to help you understand how we collect and use the personal information you provide when you use our Service, including through our website and mobile applications. This notice explains:
- The information we collect and where we collect it from
- The ways we use your information
- The times where we might need to share information
- Choices you have about what we do and how to exercise your choices
- How to contact us if you have questions
Information We Collect and Sources
We need to collect certain information about you to provide you with the Service or the support you request. The type of information we collect can vary depending on how you access and use our Service. Additionally, you can choose to voluntarily provide information to us. Below we have described the types of information we collect and from where we collect it.
Information you Provide to Us to Use the Service
Account information. We collect the information you provide when you sign up for an E-tan account, log in to your account, communicate with us, answer our surveys, upload content, or otherwise use the Services. We request an email address when you choose to sign up for the Service so we can provide the Services to you and allow us to comply with applicable regulations. Without this information, we are not be able to provide you with the Service.
Transactional information. Users who engage in financial transactions with E-tan, for example to purchase a subscription of E-tan ver 0.2, are asked to provide additional information in order to complete the transaction, such as a credit card number and full name.
Visitors can always refrain from supplying certain information, but it may prevent them from engaging in certain E-tan services which require that information.
Information You Provide to Enhance Your Experience
You can choose to provide us with additional information in order to obtain a better user experience when using the Service. This additional information will be processed with your consent and/or to provide you with services you request. This information includes your survey responses, participation in contests, promotions or other marketing efforts, suggestions for improvements, referrals, or any other actions on the Service.
Information We Get Automatically When You Use the Service
We automatically collect information about you and how you use the Service, like when you study each IT words, take a test, or view and interact with your or other users’ content. This information we collect includes:
Device information. Like most website operators, E-tan collects information about how users visit our site and the devices they use. We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, device identifiers like IDFA and UDID, and mobile network information). E-tan may associate your device identifiers or other device information with your E-tan Account to help us provide consistent services across your devices.
Geolocation information. We may use your IP address to generate a general approximation of where you are located in order to provide you with an improved experience. We do not request access to or collect location sensor information, such as GPS or Bluetooth beacons, from your mobile device while downloading or using our mobile apps or services.
Log information. When you use E-tan, we automatically collect and store certain information about this activity. This data includes details of how you used our service, like your search queries, clicks and site navigation information, or study activity. It also may include data such as:
- Browser type
- Language preference and time zone
- Referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request
- Connection information like ISP or mobile operator
- Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Log-in and Log-out times
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We do not control, supervise or respond for how the third parties providing your information process your personal data, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed to such third parties.
The information we collect about you from third parties includes:
You have the option to log in to our site using sign-in services such as Google Login. These services authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us, such as your name, date of birth, and email address, to pre-populate our sign-up form.
How We Use Your Information
We collect information about you when you use the Service for a variety of reasons in order to support E-tan and to enable our team to continue to create engaging experiences for our users.
Providing, Analyzing, Improving and Developing the Service
We process the data we collect about you to operate, improve and develop the E-tan Service, including providing, maintaining, securing and improving our services, developing new ones, and protecting E-tan and our users. We are able to deliver our services, personalize content, and make suggestions for you by using this information to understand how you use and interact with our services. We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve products and services, develop new products or features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
Here are some examples of how we use this information:
- Providing, maintaining and improving the Service. Account information we collect from you allows us to help you log in, host your content, and use the various study tools we have.
- Measuring, tracking and analyzing trends and usage in connection with your use or the performance of the Service. In order to develop and enhance our products and deliver a consistent, secure and continuous experience, we need gather certain information to analyze usage and performance of the Service. We also use mobile analytics software to pursue our legitimate interests in operating and improving E-tan by allowing us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your device. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events and activities that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from.
- Fulfilling any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with the Service.
Communicating with You About the Service
We also use your account information and information you provide to us to provide you with relevant information about the Service and to assist you in using the Service if required. These communications may include:
- Sending you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us about our products and services. We may send you information about the parts of E-tan you use or that may be relevant to you. While we primarily use our various channels to communicate this type of information and we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum, you may object to being contacted for these reasons using your personal contact information using the mechanisms provided in the E-tan service or using the information provided below.
- Conducting surveys and collecting feedback about the Service. We do this to evaluate the effectiveness of any updates we provide.
- Delivering assistance or answering support requests. We send you the information and support you request, including technical notices, security alerts, and other administrative messages to provide assistance for problems you may encounter with the Service or your E-tan account.
Protecting the Service and Maintaining a Trusted Environment
We use all categories of information we collect to maintain E-tan as a safe and secure platform for all our users, including appropriate enforcement of E-tan policies, as well as compliance with the law and applicable regulations. These efforts include:
- Preventing fraud, crime and abuse and the security and integrity of the Service. This includes investigating, detecting and preventing or reporting fraud, misrepresentations, security breaches or incidents, other potentially prohibited or illegal activities or to otherwise help protect your account.
- Protecting our and third parties’ rights and property and enforcing our Terms of Service or other applicable agreements or policies, including our Community Guidelines and Honor Code.
- Verifying your identity. In some cases, we may need to verify your identity in order to protect the security and integrity of the Service and your account.
- Complying with any applicable laws or regulations. This includes appropriately responding to lawful requests for information from the government or third parties through legal process.
- Contacting you to resolve disputes, collect fees and provide assistance with the Service.
Advertising, Analytics and Marketing
In order to support the E-tan business and provide our users with relevant information regarding the Service and opportunities presented by partners, E-tan may use your personal information for marketing the Service. We may also communicate with you and others about opportunities, products, services, contests, promotions, discounts, incentives, surveys, and rewards offered by us and select partners. We may also displaying relevant advertising to you while using the Service.
Information We Combine
We also collect some information from other sources and combine that with information we collect from you. To ensure a proper experience on E-tan, we combine information collected across devices, such as computers and mobile devices.
We may process data for any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with the Service from time to time. If we intend to process your personal data for a purpose other than that set out above and which is not compatible with the original processing purpose, we will provide you with relevant information prior to such processing and will obtain your consent where necessary.
How E-tan Shares Information
E-tan shares your information in the following circumstances:
With your consent. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of E-tan when we have your consent to do so.
For external processing. E-tan provides personal and non-personal information to our partners, trusted organizations, vendors and other affiliated organizations to process it on our behalf. Some of these contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country. Our providers process data in accordance with our instructions, Privacy Notice and any other appropriate confidentiality, security or other requirements we deem necessary in order to comply with Quizlet’s obligations. By using Quizlet, you agree to allow these companies to process your data on our behalf, regardless of where they are located.
To respond to legal and other requests and to prevent harm. E-tan will share all categories of personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of E-tan if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Respond to or meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce our Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against and prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of E-tan, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
With any successor to all or part of our business. If E-tan is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
For research purposes. From time to time, E-tan may release non-personal information in the aggregate or as part of anonymized datasets, for example, by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Your Choices About How We Use Your Information
You may receive promotional email messages from E-tan when you first interact with the Service or by making a request to us. You can opt out of receiving promotional email messages from E-tan at the time we collect your information by following the instructions on screen, in those email messages, or by changing your notification settings in your E-tan account. Opting out of receiving communications may impact your use of the Services. If you decide to opt out, we will still send you non-promotional communications, such as digital receipts and messages about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Managing Your Account
You remain in control of the information you provide to E-tan. You may review, edit or delete any information you submit to us at any time by signing into your E-tan account; however, deletion of this information may restrict your ability to effectively use the Service. You may also delete your account at any time. If you delete your account, all the datas that you’ve created will be also deleted in accordance with our data retention practices.
We Store Information In the Japan
While E-tan operates internationally, many of our systems are based in the Japan.
How Long We Retain Your Information
E-tan retains your personal information for as long as your account is active, to fulfill our legitimate business purposes, or to comply with our legal obligations. When these conditions no longer exist, E-tan removes that information in accordance with our standard deletion processes. E-tan may retain and use non-personal information, including information which has been de-identified, aggregated, or anonymized, indefinitely.
We retain records of support tickets and other communications between E-tan and our users, for example support emails, survey responses, feedback submissions, or comments on our blogs or other posts, indefinitely in order to better manage our support processes, maintaining accurate business records, and identifying other trends. We reserve the right to publish these communications in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
How We Secure Your Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. E-tan takes measures reasonably designed to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of personal information.
We use our best efforts to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, the Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe.
Changes to this Notice
E-tan reserves the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time, so please review it frequently. If we materially change how we use your personal information, we will notify, by email, and/or by means of a notice on our website prior to the change becoming effective. If you disagree with these changes, you can delete your account at any time and/or stop using the Service. Your continued use of the Service constitutes your acceptance of any changes to this Privacy Notice.
If you have questions or wish to send us comments about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at here